The five new rounds are:
– UCI Gran Fondo Veracruz in Veracruz (Mexico) February 26-27
– Neusiedlersee Radmarathon Burgenland in Morbisch-am-See (Austria), April 23-24
– 66 Degrés Sud in Perpignan (France), from 28-30 April
– Rafal Majka Gran Fondo in Myslenice (Krakow – Poland), May 7-8
– Hawaii Express 41. Tartu Rattaralli in Tartu (Estonia), May 29.
Two events that were scheduled to join the UCI Gran Fondo World Series in the past two years will finally make their appearance in 2022 after their cancellation due to the international health situation. These events are Granfondo Moscow (Russia) and Tour Lakeland (Finland).
The other rounds have been part of the UCI Gran Fondo World Series for several years. These are well- organised, classic stopovers, many of which have a long history in mass participation cycling.
The 2022 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships will take place in Trento (Italy) on hilly roads with a finish on top of the famous Monte Bondone. The dates will be published soon.
In addition, the UCI and Golazo are currently preparing a new UCI Gravel World Series with the same concept as the successful UCI Gran Fondo World Series. More information on this new series will be revealed in February.